Summary: Waterplay Solutions Corp. creates custom aquatic recreation features, which are installed in public parks and other urban locations. Waterplay installs controllers to activate and monitor these attractions, but they sometimes find that in dense urban areas the space available for a control system is limited. As a result, for some of their projects, they were looking for a way to downsize their control system without compromising the functionality. Waterplay selected the Unitronics Vision130 programmable logic controller+HMI as a solution; this full-function PLC has an integrated HMI and onboard I/O, making it a compact choice requiring minimal wiring. Additionally, the all-in-one design means that the PLC, HMI and communications can all be programmed in a single easy to use software.
With thousands of installations world-wide, Waterplay Solutions Corp. has provided their customers premium aquatic recreational features since 1987. They offer a variety of innovative products designed to turn any space into an exciting attraction, which they customize according their customer needs. Waterplay’s offerings include aquatic play features, slide activity centers and waterslides, urban water features, and water management solutions.
"The controller was very easy to program and customize for our application. The staff and tech support of Unitronics are very efficient and knowledgeable.” - Carney Neave, Waterplay Solutions Corp.
One project Waterplay was working was an aquatic play pad on in Texas; they needed PLC control to activate the system, among other things. Unfortunately, the line of controllers Waterplay typically used didn’t offer a relay output rated to operate the systems valves. As a result, Waterplay was on the search for a PLC with internal relays that could operate a solenoid valve that requires 0.41 amps of in rush current (0.25 amps holding). Additionally, the space available to install the PLC was limited, so Waterplay hoped to find a controller with an integrated HMI.
They selected the Unitronics Vision130 all-in-one PLC+HMI for the project; the model Waterplay chose, the V130-33-R34, is a programmable logic controller with a built in graphical display and keypad and onboard I/O. The compact all-in-one design, allowed Waterplay to install the controller in a small, six by ten inch housing without compromising on the physical requirements they needed.
The Vision130 was also able to accomadate all of Waterplay’s programming requirements. Firstly, they programmed the unit to control the system start and stop times both on a weekly and daily basis. When the system is turned on, inputs from the field trigger a start sequence to activate the play pad, automatically turning on features via the relay outputs. Waterplay also took advantage of the Vision130’s data logging capabilities to track the number of activations per day in a downloadable file.
Another advantage of the Vision130 PLC was the all-in-one software, which is available free of charge. PLC configuration, HMI design and communication set up can all be programmed in a single environment, streamlining what would otherwise be a multi-step process. Carney Neave of Waterplay® Solutions Corp. says, "The controller was very easy to program and customize for our application. The staff and tech support of Unitronics are very efficient and knowledgeable.” Furthermore, if Waterplay wanted to make any changes to the application, they can reprogram the unit in the field from an SD card.
Unitronics is proud to be a part of Waterplay's role in bringing the joy of water to people and communities. "We do more than build aquatic play features. We’ve helped turn crime-ridden downtown parks into family attractions," says Neaves. "We’ve given new life to abandoned community facilities, bringing kids back to play in them. We work with you to create environments that promote exploration and discovery, fostering imaginative, interactive play."
- TAB d.o.oHow can PLC control ensure impeccable quality control?
- MinermixMinermix improves consistency of lime kiln with Unitronics Vision570
- Greenmove TechnologiesCan PLC control make it easier to create clean, environmentally friendly biogas?
- Song SengAll-in-one PLC automates beautiful fountain display, while saving the designers time and money
- ZdorovyeHow can you ensure quality control? Reduce human error with PLC automation and monitoring
- Education in MissouriHigh school students continue to expand biodiesel program with the help of Unitronics Vision570™
- Rene Tomingas FIECommunication-rich, All-in-One PLC links energy plants nation-wide
- INFO d.o.oUnitronics Samba was the ideal choice—easy programming, very nice, high-resolution screen and great price/performance ratio...
- DjurdjevicIs it possible for an automated system to run so efficiently you forget it’s there?
- Watt TechnologyCan one PLC be standardized calibration benches using different measurements?
- Schepers Techniek BVHow to reduce downtime with an all-in-one programming software?
- Imapsa AutomationWith fast delivery times, and constantly updated software, Unitronics has always listened to our customers many requests...
- Vapor Systems TechnologiesHow can the right industrial control solution improve quality assurance?
- 7th Settlement BreweryHow can local breweries achieve the consistency of national changes? PLC control helps 7th Settlement solve the problem
- Energy Plant SolutionsEasy Automation and Monitoring with All-In-One PLC Improves Machine Safety
- Mar Cor Purification Inc.Vision350™ and Vision570™ Speed development of a Portable Reverse Osmosis for Medical Applications
- Kone Cranes Hydraelectric Power Plant"Instead of learning a software to solve problems, you focus on the problem itself thanks to the opportunities supplied by user friendly programming"
- Shriram AutomationCan a PLC achieve the same results as a CNC controller?
- MSI TecCan a PLC survive in the Arizona desert?
- Twisted Vine BreweryHow can craft brewers achieve the product consistency of larger operations despite limited automation experience?
- Marcé Fire Fighting TechnologyHow can industrial automation improve safety in dangerous professions?
- Gas Analysys"Unitronics’ PLC and programming software allowed flexibility to the customer, and the use of an SD card enables the customer to collect and analyze the data in an efficient way."
- BsiatecWhy innovative Bsiatec of Austria selected UniStream?
- Alana-Eco LLCIntegrated PLC+HMI makes for easy integration and painless monitoring
- EV srlWhat is the ideal PLC solution for hydroelectric turbines?
- LLC Group 7easy to program, with a good number of useful features
- EKOIDEAHow can you achieve reliable, safe automatic control settings?
- Nitogen generator"With the simplicity of programing and wide variety of Unitronics products, we can now offer our clients a better looking yet simpler solution. Thanks to Unitronics our production runs smoother than before."
- Waste water treatment"Unitronics’ advanced communication options and temperature modules enabled us to offer the customer a cost-effective, accurate remote monitoring solution"
- NPP Tehnoavtomat"The big, colorful sensor display allows the operator to interact with the system effectively and allocate a lot of information on one display.”
- AquaRD Sp. z o.o.With a friendly development environment and unrivaled quality
- Shemeck“The PLC + HMI + I/O in on unit reduces time for programming and significantly reduces costs”
- The Eagle TheatreHow does industrial automation improve the performing arts?
- TESAN ELEKTRIK“The Jazz offered a low cost solution for analog control and data display and, thanks to the all-in-one concept, the customer was able to save on wiring"
- Aqua Interma EngineeringHow can water treatment systems kill microorganisms and ensure water purity?
- Coating SystemsLearn how an integrated HMI makes powerful PLC control accessible to users
- BimetecHow can you improve the speed and efficiency of a can packaging line? Retrofit with all-in-one PLC + HMI controller?
- ProcestehCan an All-in-One PLC make a machine easier to use?
- Industry Graphics Printing B3Servis d.o.o.How can PLC control improve process speed and reliability?
- OPA consultingHow can retrofitting old controls with an all-in-one PLC improve machine flexibility?
- Aaron Oil Company Inc.How can PLC control make used oil reclamation easier, greener and more efficient?
- ECH Engineering“We needed a reliable system, fast. Unitronics saved the day!”
- RackRayPLC Control Protects against Outages
- IGCP EngineeringControl & Automation with Vision™ V700 for Packaging & Bagging Systems
- ErreDuePLC+HMIs outperform microcontrollers without breaking the bank
- Tills InnovationsWater Features: Pump Control with the UniStream 10.4 PLC + HMI
- SPIN FXA Complete Brewery Control System for a Sophisticated Beer Production Process
- Nicolaides & Kountouris MetalReliable Automation Reduces Time and Effort Needed for Cutting Application
- StratasysUnitronics PLCs & Servos: Servo Made Simple Precision Motion Control in Extruder Application
- Grupo Electrotecnia GalianaRemote Control – HVAC Compressor Test Bench Meets Global Power Standards & Requirements
- University of Johannesburg’s School of EngineeringHow can you install a PLC with remote monitoring and control in an area without electricity?
- Countersales UK LtdCounting on Control: PLC Control for Measurement Systems
- Shriram Automation in Thane, IndiaMotion Control: Unitronics PLCs & Servos Precisely Position Punch Press
- Schmachtl GmbH CopyIntegrated PLC+HMI makes for easy integration and painless monitoring
- KNX GatewayUnitronics Introduces: KNX Gateway
- Hotel VanillaThe biggest advantage was the intuitive, integrated UniLogic environment for ladder and HMI programming
- Turkmenistan Aşgabat Dokuma ToplumuHow can a PLC improve operator efficiency?
- Mediamac Pte Ltd"Using the all-in-one was great to offer a nice-looking machine, with an attractive color-touch display while taking up little space"
- Samba™ – New I/O Configurations IncreaseUnitronics has now released four new models of Samba
- Samba™ RA22—The New Configuration Jazz—High-speed at Low CostSamba™ RA22—the New Configuration Jazz—High-speed at Low Cost
- Control your application remotely from everywhere and anytime!Control your application remotely from everywhere and anytime!
- Unitronics introduces new lower cost 7’’ UniStream™ panelUnitronics introduces new lower cost 7’’ UniStream™ panel
- Scada Network SolutionCan a PLC provide highly accurate temperature control?
- New Temperature I/O ModuleIntroducing a New Temperature I/O Module
- The University of CyprusHow can you achieve precise control over experimental environment? Automate pressure and vacuum control
- Schmachtl GmbHIntegrated PLC+HMI makes for easy integration and painless monitoring
- Eurotech Extrusion TechnologyAll-in-one PLC improves usability and reliability of extrusion equipment
- Jiri SramekMonitoring Paragliders, the Samba PLC+HMI takes flight
- ÜbermorgenCan PLC automation craft the perfect latte?
- Kolman d.o.o – Packaging Machinery OEMPackaging Machinery OEM Uses Vision570™ and Vision560™ as Primary Control
- TimberSoftHow can you upgrade timber drying kilns with reliable, automatic temperature control?