Established in 1987, Minermix s.r.l is one of the most dynamic Italian companies in the production of lime and lime-based products. Minermix uses state-of-the-art facilities to provide a product with an ancient history adapted to modern needs.
To produce lime, limestone is extracted from quarries. The crushed limestone is gradually heated in lime kilns, where the calcium carbonate from the stone breaks down into quicklime and carbon dioxide. The quicklime is then further processed for use in commercial applications.
Minermix has fully automated a lime kiln vertical "Monotino" 150 t/d using a Unitronics Vision570 programmable logic controller (PLC + HMI). One main area they were hoping to improve was the discharge system to make it more consistent and easier to use. Using the Vision570, Minermix manages a 4-20 mA signals from the weighing system to start and stop the extraction process. By estimating the incoming production and the outgoing discharge, the Vision570 helps ensure an even distribution of lime across the four discharges.
"I think that one of the biggest advantages of Unitronics, comparing with other brands, is that their "all-in -one" solution is more flexible and competitive"
Operators can control the kiln’s settings directly via the Vision570’s integrated 5.7-inch color-touchscreen. The Vision570 also uses Modbus TCP to communicate with the Wizcon supervision system, allowing the PLC to be controlled and monitored remotely.
Working with Unitronics allowed Minermix to increase their flexibility and competive advantage. Fabio Stranieri explains the benefit of an all-in-one solution, saying “with Unitronics you have a unique software both for PLC programming and HMI design and, moreover, without extra costs, because the software can be downloaded for free from their website.Another very important factor for our kind of job is that the technical support is always efficient and at our disposal on different platforms as phone, email, and on the web giving us the possibility to solve our problems in the quickest time".
- MinermixMinermix improves consistency of lime kiln with Unitronics Vision570
- Scada Network SolutionCan a PLC provide highly accurate temperature control?
- Nicolaides & Kountouris MetalReliable Automation Reduces Time and Effort Needed for Cutting Application
- Shriram Automation in Thane, IndiaMotion Control: Unitronics PLCs & Servos Precisely Position Punch Press
- How UniCLoud Revolutionized CAMS Plant Control & ManagementCAMS—thanks to UniCloud—can now implement a proactive approach to machine service, one based on real data instead of, or in addition, to planned periodic service regardless of the machine’s real-time status.