Summary: Steam is an important component of meat processing. Djurdjevic, a meat production company, wanted to automate the boiler they use to produce steam; they needed this system to be efficient and safe. Ideally, the system should operate effortlessly, without requiring human intervention. Using Unitronics PLC+HMI this goal became a reality.
Djurdjevic is a meat production company based in Serbia. They are proud to bring high quality meat products to their community. In order to achieve that goal, they have a state-of-the-art facility that handles all aspects of meat processing and production. Obviously, quality and safety are some of Djurdjevic’s priorities.
To ensure the quality of their products, Djurdjevic often relies on automated machinery, which offers precise and consistent results. One of these machines is the factory’s biomass boiler. Steam is used in a wide variety of meat processing and treatment application, so this boiler is a key component of the factory.
The boiler is controlled by a Unitronics UniStream programmable logic controller (PLC) with 10.4-inch touchscreen HMI. This PLC regulates and monitors the production of steam, managing the boiler heat and maintaining its run time. The PLC uses Canbus communication to communicate to remote I/O, including thermocouple inputs. Additionally, the Unistream features many other communication options, meaning that it interfaces easily with other non-Unitronics devices, making monitoring easy. Djurdjevic also installed Jazz controllers at several other points in production for temperature monitoring
Djurdjevic was very impressed with the UniStream; the PLC worked perfectly from when it was first installed. The application development with very quick using the all-in-one programming software and the built in image library helped Djurdjavic design easy to read, professional HMI screens. Đorđe Kuzminac, factory CFO, explains “for me, most important is that I forgot that it is there - and it does its job, a very important job, controlling steam production for our factory.”
- UniCloud helped a cucumber grower to save energyTG knew that UniStream & UniCloud provide good operational regularity, it was a no-brainer to offer it to its customer, a cucumber grower
- Trucco’s – Basil HarvestingTrucco's team of engineers integrated Unitronics’ UniStream PLC controllers and VFDs into the new basil harvesting machine
- Motion – RoboticsHow Unitronics PLCs, VFDs, and UniCloud Revolutionized CAMS Plant Control & Management
- Kitchen Roboticsrobotic ‘chef’ machines that receive customer orders from the Cloud via a website or app, and can accurately weigh, mix, and cook orders according to precise recipes—and that also wash the pots after preparation.
- Hovendak DistillerySpirit Control! Bottling Gin, Vodka, Aquavit—with Unitronics PLCs
- 7th Settlement BreweryHow can local breweries achieve the consistency of national changes? PLC control helps 7th Settlement solve the problem
- Twisted Vine BreweryHow can craft brewers achieve the product consistency of larger operations despite limited automation experience?
- BsiatecWhy innovative Bsiatec of Austria selected UniStream?
- Stenhouse IndustriesKangaroo Kick—Australian Beer Packing with Unitronics PLCs
- ProcestehCan an All-in-One PLC make a machine easier to use?
- SPIN FXA Complete Brewery Control System for a Sophisticated Beer Production Process
- StratasysUnitronics PLCs & Servos: Servo Made Simple Precision Motion Control in Extruder Application
- Schmachtl GmbH CopyIntegrated PLC+HMI makes for easy integration and painless monitoring
- Schmachtl GmbHIntegrated PLC+HMI makes for easy integration and painless monitoring
- Taking the pressure of pressing systems to crush farmers’ feed costsEnergrow utilizes Unitronics’ Unistream PLC controllers for the main operation interface of its machines and UniCloud.
- ÜbermorgenCan PLC automation craft the perfect latte?