Durga Automation and Control is a leading distributor and solutions provider of automation products in India. Since the company’s founding in 1979, their mission is to fulfil automation needs by providing cost-effective solutions and world class components that return the best value for financial investment.
When recent clients in the pharmaceutical and laboratory science industries turned to them for control solutions, Durga Automation and Control naturally turned to Unitronics.
Biolyte, a company engaged in the pharmaceutical industry, needed to automate a process—chemical mixing process. Durga provided a Vision 350 advanced programmable logic controller, model V350-J-TA24, with onboard high-speed HSC/shaft-encoder and PT100 thermocouple to do the job. The V350’s integrated 3.5″ color touchscreen provided the HMI interface that the project required.
The V350 regulates the flow of water and chemicals into the mixing tank via an interlocked Flow sensor and shunt unit until the tank is full. The V350 controls the mixing process. Once complete, the V350 empties the tank, and commences the rinsing procedure, which takes 15-20 seconds.
Orchid Scientific produces pharmaceutical equipment. Their current project was to create Individually Ventilated Caging systems for Mice, Rats and Guinea Pigs. Orchid’s IVC systems must ensure high biological safety for laboratory animals and scientists, and comply with standards of compliance for safety, animal welfare and ergonomics.
The system needs to strictly control a number of environmental parameters per cage, including temperature, air flow input, ventilation and humidity via exhaust ports, while providing an operator interface to set analog input and output values.
Durga Automation recommended a Vision Series V700-T20BJ and snap-in I/O V200-18-E2B. In addition to filling all I/O and control requirements, the V700’s high-quality embedded HMI touchscreen and built-in Alarm system enables operators to monitor and respond to any malfunction.
Vijay Enterprises needed to create a dosing unit for injection molding. Here, Durga Automation supplied a Unitronics’ Samba, an excellent, cost-effective solution for small machines that require a graphic HMI touchscreen.
Dosing requires two or more components to be combined and mixed in the right ratio. In this application, the unit draws an exact amount of material from a supply hopper and transfers it to a reservoir or directly into the processing machine.
For this application, a stepper motor was needed to control the metering device with pinpoint accuracy, enabling the dosing of granules, micro-granules or powders.
Stepper control is accomplished via programming, using free VisiLogic, the All-in-One PLC and HMI software for Vision and Samba controllers that is supplied by Unitronics at no additional cost. Via the HMI touchscreen, the operator enters the master batch percentage, shot weight & refill time—the program can then calculate and operate the stepper motor at the correct RPM.
- MinermixMinermix improves consistency of lime kiln with Unitronics Vision570
- TAB d.o.oHow can PLC control ensure impeccable quality control?
- Mechatronics RoboticsFuture-proofing Automation: Unitronics PLCs Educates The Next Generation
- Rene Tomingas FIECommunication-rich, All-in-One PLC links energy plants nation-wide
- Hovendak DistillerySpirit Control! Bottling Gin, Vodka, Aquavit—with Unitronics PLCs
- Greenmove TechnologiesCan PLC control make it easier to create clean, environmentally friendly biogas?
- Education in MissouriHigh school students continue to expand biodiesel program with the help of Unitronics Vision570™
- Song SengAll-in-one PLC automates beautiful fountain display, while saving the designers time and money
- ZdorovyeHow can you ensure quality control? Reduce human error with PLC automation and monitoring
- Watt TechnologyCan one PLC be standardized calibration benches using different measurements?
- Schepers Techniek BVHow to reduce downtime with an all-in-one programming software?
- Imapsa AutomationWith fast delivery times, and constantly updated software, Unitronics has always listened to our customers many requests...
- DjurdjevicIs it possible for an automated system to run so efficiently you forget it’s there?
- Vapor Systems TechnologiesHow can the right industrial control solution improve quality assurance?
- 7th Settlement BreweryHow can local breweries achieve the consistency of national changes? PLC control helps 7th Settlement solve the problem
- Energy Plant SolutionsEasy Automation and Monitoring with All-In-One PLC Improves Machine Safety
- INFO d.o.oUnitronics Samba was the ideal choice—easy programming, very nice, high-resolution screen and great price/performance ratio...
- Mar Cor Purification Inc.Vision350™ and Vision570™ Speed development of a Portable Reverse Osmosis for Medical Applications
- Shriram AutomationCan a PLC achieve the same results as a CNC controller?
- Marcé Fire Fighting TechnologyHow can industrial automation improve safety in dangerous professions?
- Twisted Vine BreweryHow can craft brewers achieve the product consistency of larger operations despite limited automation experience?
- MSI TecCan a PLC survive in the Arizona desert?
- Waterplay® Solutions Corp IncHow to downsize your control system without losing functionality?
- Kone Cranes Hydraelectric Power Plant"Instead of learning a software to solve problems, you focus on the problem itself thanks to the opportunities supplied by user friendly programming"
- LLC Group 7easy to program, with a good number of useful features
- BsiatecWhy innovative Bsiatec of Austria selected UniStream?
- Alana-Eco LLCIntegrated PLC+HMI makes for easy integration and painless monitoring
- Gas Analysys"Unitronics’ PLC and programming software allowed flexibility to the customer, and the use of an SD card enables the customer to collect and analyze the data in an efficient way."
- EV srlWhat is the ideal PLC solution for hydroelectric turbines?
- Nitogen generator"With the simplicity of programing and wide variety of Unitronics products, we can now offer our clients a better looking yet simpler solution. Thanks to Unitronics our production runs smoother than before."
- Waste water treatment"Unitronics’ advanced communication options and temperature modules enabled us to offer the customer a cost-effective, accurate remote monitoring solution"
- EKOIDEAHow can you achieve reliable, safe automatic control settings?
- NPP Tehnoavtomat"The big, colorful sensor display allows the operator to interact with the system effectively and allocate a lot of information on one display.”
- AquaRD Sp. z o.o.With a friendly development environment and unrivaled quality
- Shemeck“The PLC + HMI + I/O in on unit reduces time for programming and significantly reduces costs”
- The Eagle TheatreHow does industrial automation improve the performing arts?
- TESAN ELEKTRIK“The Jazz offered a low cost solution for analog control and data display and, thanks to the all-in-one concept, the customer was able to save on wiring"
- TecnubelDecontaminating Nuclear Sites with Unitronics UniStream PLC+HMI
- BimetecHow can you improve the speed and efficiency of a can packaging line? Retrofit with all-in-one PLC + HMI controller?
- CamsHow Unitronics PLCs, VFDs, and UniCloud Revolutionized CAMS Plant Control & Management
- Coating SystemsLearn how an integrated HMI makes powerful PLC control accessible to users
- Aqua Interma EngineeringHow can water treatment systems kill microorganisms and ensure water purity?
- Stenhouse IndustriesKangaroo Kick—Australian Beer Packing with Unitronics PLCs
- ECH Engineering“We needed a reliable system, fast. Unitronics saved the day!”
- Industry Graphics Printing B3Servis d.o.o.How can PLC control improve process speed and reliability?
- OPA consultingHow can retrofitting old controls with an all-in-one PLC improve machine flexibility?
- Aaron Oil Company Inc.How can PLC control make used oil reclamation easier, greener and more efficient?
- ProcestehCan an All-in-One PLC make a machine easier to use?
- StratasysUnitronics PLCs & Servos: Servo Made Simple Precision Motion Control in Extruder Application
- Nicolaides & Kountouris MetalReliable Automation Reduces Time and Effort Needed for Cutting Application
- Countersales UK LtdCounting on Control: PLC Control for Measurement Systems
- Schmachtl GmbH CopyIntegrated PLC+HMI makes for easy integration and painless monitoring
- Tills InnovationsWater Features: Pump Control with the UniStream 10.4 PLC + HMI
- Shriram Automation in Thane, IndiaMotion Control: Unitronics PLCs & Servos Precisely Position Punch Press
- IGCP EngineeringControl & Automation with Vision™ V700 for Packaging & Bagging Systems
- SPIN FXA Complete Brewery Control System for a Sophisticated Beer Production Process
- Schmachtl GmbHIntegrated PLC+HMI makes for easy integration and painless monitoring
- Grupo Electrotecnia GalianaRemote Control – HVAC Compressor Test Bench Meets Global Power Standards & Requirements
- Turkmenistan Aşgabat Dokuma ToplumuHow can a PLC improve operator efficiency?
- Hotel VanillaThe biggest advantage was the intuitive, integrated UniLogic environment for ladder and HMI programming
- Mediamac Pte Ltd"Using the all-in-one was great to offer a nice-looking machine, with an attractive color-touch display while taking up little space"
- The University of CyprusHow can you achieve precise control over experimental environment? Automate pressure and vacuum control
- New Temperature I/O ModuleIntroducing a New Temperature I/O Module
- KNX GatewayUnitronics Introduces: KNX Gateway
- Unitronics introduces new lower cost 7’’ UniStream™ panelUnitronics introduces new lower cost 7’’ UniStream™ panel
- Control your application remotely from everywhere and anytime!Control your application remotely from everywhere and anytime!
- Samba™ RA22—The New Configuration Jazz—High-speed at Low CostSamba™ RA22—the New Configuration Jazz—High-speed at Low Cost
- Eurotech Extrusion TechnologyAll-in-one PLC improves usability and reliability of extrusion equipment
- Samba™ – New I/O Configurations IncreaseUnitronics has now released four new models of Samba
- Scada Network SolutionCan a PLC provide highly accurate temperature control?
- University of Johannesburg’s School of EngineeringHow can you install a PLC with remote monitoring and control in an area without electricity?
- ErreDuePLC+HMIs outperform microcontrollers without breaking the bank
- RackRayPLC Control Protects against Outages
- ÜbermorgenCan PLC automation craft the perfect latte?
- Jiri SramekMonitoring Paragliders, the Samba PLC+HMI takes flight
- TimberSoftHow can you upgrade timber drying kilns with reliable, automatic temperature control?
- Kolman d.o.o – Packaging Machinery OEMPackaging Machinery OEM Uses Vision570™ and Vision560™ as Primary Control